If your Poller does not function as expected, or if you are being alerted to 'Pending filings' in askmyGP, please check the following on the PC with the poller installed:
- Confirm that the Poller is running. If not immediately visible, check the Windows system tray, accessed via an ^ arrow in most instances (1). The Poller has a green Evergreen heart icon (2). Double-click to open it and check status, or right-click and choose ‘Open’ from the pop-up menu.
- Check the messages in the Poller 'Call Log' and 'Error Log', these will provide useful information if anything is wrong to help you to resolve the issue:
- Check that the Poller is not in a paused state, you should see messages at least every minute to show it is active, if it doesn't appear to be polling, click the button in the bottom left corner to start it polling again.
- Check that SystmOne is also running alongside the poller, and it is fully logged in to the correct organisation.
- Ensure that the logged-in Systmone user has sufficient privileges to access and add to patient records, this is important for the poller to be able to file requests into Systmone via that user.
- If you are unable to resolve your problem, please contact Support for assistance via the help button in the askmyGP practice portal:
For reference, a poller which is functioning as expected will appear as below:
As you can see it shows 'Polling. Queue entry empty' when it's all up to date and then when a new filing is detected the next time it polls, it will show 'Attempting to file record', followed by 'Filed successfully' if there were no issues. It will then continue polling and either update with the next request waiting to be filed, or to advise that the queue is now empty again.