Go to your GP practice’s website and follow the link to askmyGP. You may need to click 'accept cookies' for it to work. The link takes you through to the askmyGP portal where you can either get NHS self help advice or consult your GP.
New users will need to add a few details when first making a request.
All you need is your name, DOB, an email address and phone number.
Please see below for the individual registration steps:
1. Click the askmyGP link on your practice website:
2. Click 'Sign up or login to Consult your GP'
3. Click 'Sign up as a new user'
4. Fill in your details on the registration form and choose a password (use the boxes above it to ensure your password is strong enough)
5. Tick the box at the bottom to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and then Click 'Confirm'
6. After clicking Confirm, a four digit code will be sent to the email address entered above:
(if you did not receive the email click Change email address and check that the email address is correct and then try again) Go to your email inbox and locate the email:
and then Copy the 4 digit code and paste it in the box on the registration screen and choose Verify email address:
7. Next, select 'I am asking as a patient' if the account is for you, then enter your DOB, select your Gender and Preferred site and click 'Save'
After that last step you will be fully registered for askmyGP, you can either proceed further to submit a request to the practice today if you need to, or you can click the menu button (three lines in the corner) to navigate away to another part of the application.
For a video walkthough of the registration process and submitting a new request to your surgery, please click the link below: