Video consultations via a secure link can be set up very simply.
Note: to use this tool you must be using Chrome or Firefox browsers.
To start a call:
1. Open patient request and select the 'video call' icon
2. Confirm that the correct patient is being called and select 'Send video request.'
3. The thread will update to advise that you are now waiting for the patient to accept the call
4. When the patient accepts the call, the thread will update, click 'Video Call':
5. You will now be connected to the Video call with the patient, to end the call, select the red telephone icon:
The patient will see the following:
SMS notifications for Video calls
We are now able to integrate with 3rd party SMS providers (Wirefast only for the time being) so that patient alerts for Video calls can be sent via SMS. If you use the Wirefast service, please let us know so that we can configure the integration for your Video notifications.
For the system to be able to send an SMS notification, the patient will need to have a valid mobile phone number stored in their askmyGP record (it can be in either the primary or secondary telephone number field).
If the patient has a mobile number on record and the integration has been set up, when you send the video call invite to the patient you will see a green message in the top right-hand corner 'An SMS message has been sent to the user on (their mobile number)':
The patient will then receive a text message to their mobile phone similar to the below, notifying them of a video request in askmyGP. They can follow the link to log in to their askmyGP account and join the video call: