If a patient logs a request with askmyGP but is not registered with your practice, we recommend that you send a message to the patient saying something like: 'You've come to the wrong practice. We will delete your account so that you can register with the correct practice. Please reply to let us know that you have seen this message.'
You can then set 'await reply' to return to you after a few days. Once the patient has acknowledged the message, delete their account. If the patient hasn't responded within a few days, delete the account anyway.
We also have the following advice available for patients for them to remove their email address from the account themselves to allow them to register elsewhere:
Alternatively, you can remove the account yourself by following the steps below:
- Login into your account and select 'Edit my Details':
- Highlight the email address you currently have stored:
- Delete the contents of the email field and then select 'save' at the bottom of the screen:
- You should see this message appear in the top right-hand corner:
- Hit the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top right of the screen:
And then on the side menu which appears, select 'Logout' to exit askmyGP:
Once you have deleted your email address and logged out, you will be able to re-register at your new surgery by clicking the askmyGP link on their website homepage and signing up as a new user.