askmyGP uses the Evergreen TPP SystmOne Interface poller to integrate with your clinical system, allowing you to writeback patient request summaries, attachment files and coded data. To take advantage of this functionality, the steps below must be undertaken.
For a case to be filed, you must have:
- A patient with an NHS number and verified identity
- Matching surname and DOB between askmyGP and the clinical record.
We recommend you test with a simple example, with a small number of people (i.e. one or two individuals) before rolling out within the practice.
To install the Evergreen TPP SystmOne Interface poller, please complete the following instructions on your practice gateway machine. This is a machine that should remain on all day; if turned off, the poller will need to be reactivated when the machine is turned on. In addition to this, SystmOne must remain logged in on the gateway PC at all times, therefore a password, rather than a smart card, must be used to log in.
Installing the poller
1. From the initial email sent by Evergreen Life, please download the configuration file and ensure it is saved on your C: drive (the PC) and not on a local user’s account.
2. Visit https://askmygp.uk/private/tpp_poller_install/ and click the link on the webpage to download the poller installation file
2.1 Once downloaded, double-click the file to begin installation:
2.2. Click next to initiate installation:
2.3. Ensure both components are ticked to install and allow the poller to automatically start when the PC is turned on:
2.4. Select where you wish the poller to be installed and then click “Install":
Loading your configuration file (The poller will start automatically)
1. Within the poller, click “Configuration” (bottom right)
2. Enter the settings file password (provided by Evergreen Life) under “Load/Save Configuration File”
2.1. Click load:
3. Locate the configuration file (provided by Evergreen Life/askmyGP via email), select it, and click open. (You may need to save this file to your desktop from the original email sent via Evergreen Life)
4. Click “Apply” (bottom right) to complete the setup.
Configuring users for writeback from the askmyGP Provider Portal
Each person who wishes to use the writeback feature will need this to be enabled within askmyGP, after the poller has been configured.
1. Go to “Staff”
2. Search for the person who will use the writeback feature.
2.1. Click Edit (lower right) and then add their TPP username into the box labelled “Medical Record System User ID”
2.2. Click Update
2.3. Repeat for others who need writeback.
* Alternatively, the TPP user ID can be added via ‘Settings > My Profile’ by each person themselves *
** Upon making changes to a user’s account, please ensure they log out and back in to both SystmOne and askmyGP **
Upon completing your first writeback, you will need to return to your gateway PC, access TPP/SystmOne and click “Approve” when asked if you recognise the third party attempting to connect. The functionality will not be live until approved. You may need to log out and back in of SystmOne to see this message.